😀 😀 😀
Now the Lord was gracious to Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did for Sarah what he had promised. Gen. 21:1 Sarah said, “God has brought me laughter, and everyone who heard about this will laugh with me.” Gen. 21:6
Remember that Sarah laughed when she heard God’s promise that she would bear Isaac. (Gen. 18:12) Why did Sarah laugh when God told her she would have a child?
More to the point, why do we continue to believe our lives are bound by earthly things when the King of Heaven promises He will bless us?
At the time of God’s promise to Abraham, God had already:
- given Abraham a wife of legendary beauty.(Gen. 11-16)
- called them out of their homeland and promised them that all peoples on earth would be blessed through them. (Gen. 12:2-3)
- allowed them to escape a powerful Egyptian ruler’s wrath although Abraham had been deceitful in his dealings with Pharoah.(Gen. 12:20)
- acquired great wealth. (Gen. 13:2)
- given Abraham the men and means to rescue Lot when he was kidnapped. (Gen. 14;14-16)
- appeared to Abraham in visions. (Gen. 12: 1-3;15:1-23; 17:1-22)
What has God done for you so far? If He promises you more, dare you laugh? Or will you laugh with joy as Sarah did when Isaac was born?
The Bible is filled with God’s promises to us. From his promise to Noah that He would never again destroy all earthly life in Gen. 9:8-17 to his promise in 1 John 2:25 that He will give His children eternal life, God is promising unbelievable, inexplicable, unfathomable things. Laugh at that!